The monument is a white cross with the inscription "God protect Lithuania" at the crossing of Laisvės and Geležinkelio streets. Built during the Sąjūdis, the cross weighs 12 tons, 2.5 m below the ground and 7.5 m above the ground. The initiator of the construction of this cross is Marija Kalvaitienė, who worked as a doctor in the town at that time. Next to the cross is a memorial plaque dedicated to the volunteers of the Dukstas parish of the 1919 - 120 Independence Fights. The memorial plaque was unveiled on September 16, 2018.