The only village in Eastern Lithuania that has round structure resembling haystack. The village name was first mentioned in 1775, it belonged to the Dysnos manor. During the First World War, all buildings were demolished, and the logs were used to secure the trenches. In third decade of XXth century village was rebuilt and village structure did not changed: buildings were built on old foundations. An exceptional feature is the cemetery in the middle of the village. The village consists of 9 ethnographical monument farmsteads.