Guntauninkai is a village in Ignalina district, 4 km northeast of Gilūtos, by the Svyla River and its tributary Audenėlė. Further east are the Adutiškis forests. Through the village passes road 4402 Adutiškis–Jakeliai–Tverečius–Vidžiai. The village has maintained the traditional construction and architecture of eastern Aukštaitija. There is a cemetery, a water measuring station.
In 1914, in this village operated a branch of the Rytas Society and was a secret Lithuanian school. In 1915, a front line ran through the countryside. The defensive fortifications of the First World War have remained.